BestRest TireIron BeadBrakR (Tubless)
This kit gives you everything you need to change your own tires, or to remove the tire from the rim so you can fix a flat. Works in the shop, the garage, or on top of a mountain.
The BestRest TireIron BeadBrakR (TIBB) is a levering device that incorporates a trio of tire irons into the mechanism used to remove the rubber tire from the metal rim. When the bead is free from the rim, use those same tire irons to remove the tire from the rim. What could be more simple, more efficient, more utilitarian?
Every rider’s kit should include a variety of tire repair products, including tire irons, a tire inflator, AND a bead breaker. Why a bead breaker? When repairs require removal of the tire from the rim, or if you need to change your tires, you'll need special tools. That's because the rubber tire sidewall is actually glued to the rim, and the bead is held in place by the natural outward flex of the tire carcass. Breaking this chemical and mechanical bond is called "breaking the bead". Unless you can do this with the tools you’re carrying, you might not be able to fix your tire. Plain translation: you’re in for a long walk home.
Because we know the BeadBrakR will see some pretty rough conditions around the world we selected materials that’ll stand up to the elements:
- The 8.5” long tire irons are gold zinc plated to prevent corrosion
- Rustproof 17-7 and 304 stainless steel, precision laser cut and formed and TIG welded for maximum strength
- The 17-7 alloy used also makes aircraft cockpit doors bulletproof
- Small plywood blocks keep the BeadBrakR from scratching the rim
- For working on soft surfaces, a plywood “sand foot” has been added to spread the load
- Lanyards added to the ring pins to prevent loss in the field
- A comprehensive instruction sheet which also includes tire mounting and demounting tips
- A set of plastic rim protectors, a bottle of specially formulated BeadGoop tire mounting lubricant, a valve stem multi-tool, and a Cordura storage pouch that's big enough for your own collection of tire patches & plugs