BestRest MRS Motorcycle Recovery System Basic Kit 3:1 Ratio
What is the Motorcycle Recovery System (MRS)?
The MRS is a z-drag rope-and-pulley system originally developed for mountaineering and rescue teams. That system was modified for motorcycle recovery operations. Recovery refers to the process of getting the bike back on the road or trail after taking an unexpected detour, or the process of getting the bike out of a bog or a sandpit.
The MRS reduces an object's lifting or pulling weight by 2/3, which means a solo rider weighing 200 pounds can literally lift a 600 pound motorcycle completely off the ground, or they can easily drag the bike out of any situation. Instructions clearly explain how to tie knots, how to hook up your bike, and how to use the system for maximum advantage.
The MRS is great for every trail rider, dualsport rider, and adventure rider. Whether you ride solo most of the time, or with a group of fellow enthusiasts, the MRS provides the means and methods to get your bike out of a difficult situation.
- Primary rope is 8mm diameter, with a 3,000 lb. load rating
- Flat webbing is 1" x 10 ft, with a 4,000 lb. load rating
- Prusik loops are pre-tied, with a 1,700 lb. load rating
- Pulleys are single or double (depending on kit), with a 5,000 lb. load rating
- Carabiners are non-locking, chrome, with a 4,500 lb. load rating
What does the 3:1 Basic MRS system include?
- 1 - 65' primary rope
- 2 - 1" x 10' flat tubular webbingg
- 2 - pre-tied prusik loops
- 2 - rescue-quality non-locking carabiners
- 2 - rescue-quality prusik-minding pulleys
- 1 ea - quick reference "crib sheet" showing knots and setup
- 1 ea - detailed instruction booklet - this info makes all the difference !!!
- 1 ea - red nylon carry bag with reflective striping
- Total size = 5x6x11" - easily fits in saddlebag or on tail rack
- Total weight = 2 lb. 13 oz.
- Mechanical advantage 3:1 (150 lb rider can LIFT 450 lb motorcycle)*
- Recommended for small or medium bikes up to 500cc