Outback Motortek Skid Plate - Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000L
* The Outback Motortek Africa Twin skid plate will only fit on the bike when using Outback Motortek crash bars.
- Protects crucial areas of the engine – oil pan,
engine case, oil cooler, oil filter and exhaust header! That’s a long
list of very expensive parts to expose to any sort of damage that will
reduce your Africa Twins value in no time.
- Uniquely designed vent system – Not only unique but
very-well thought out. No unnecessary holes were designed on this bash
plate. As a result, your engine will less likely to overheat when mud
and all sorts of debris from off-roading fly at the engine and get stuck
between the skid plate and the engine/exhaust header.
- Embossed ribs – These additional ribs add a lot of
strength to the skid plate where it matters the most: the bottom. By
embossing these ribs into the skid plate, we increase the cross-section
of the material to about 9mm, hence this area is nearly twice as strong
as other parts. Not to mention, these ribs act like gliders while your
skid plate tries to slide over rocks, logs and other hard obstacles on
offroad trails. Smaller surface means less resistance.
- True off-road and adventure shape – What does that
even mean?? It means we have experience in building top-notch bash
plates. We avoid designing skid plates that are shaped like boxes, have
sharp edges and corners and will guaranteed to restrict your rides off
road. We design and build skid plates that you will only benefit from
while riding on rough terrain.
- 4mm thick laser cut aluminum – Nothing is ever an
overkill on an adventure bike, hence we choose to build our bash plates
from this ridiculously tough and thick, yet lightweight material.
- Tough mounting hardware – No cutting corners here
(either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick
metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from riding through
(off-road) hell, rather than your bikes chassis or engine that are worth
thousands of dollars.
- Stainless Steel Hardware – These quality bolts and nuts will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion
of the coatings – it’s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing
process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and
give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a
killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and
tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!